The Windlass Saga Continues

We got a new windlass delivered to us in Barra de Navidad. Heavy little beast. Our freight forwarder repacked the unit and cut or damaged some of the cables. We had to replace one but the others were still serviceable.

We added some fiberglass to the shelf where the windlass sits, then cut a bunch of holes in the deck so the windlass could be installed. It’s always a great experience cutting holes in a boat when there’s no leaks!

Some very handy friends helped us with the installation, and, tada, we have a working windlass.

It’s a beautiful thing to watch!

Now we need to wait for our new stainless strut to mount under the windlass. We don’t want the beast to break the boat when working really hard to bring up the anchor.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.